½ red bell pepper, chopped
½ green bell pepper, chopped
½-1 small yellow onion, chopped
1 cup broccoli florets, roughly chopped
1 lb. ground beef
2 tsp. Italian seasoning
¼ c. shredded cheddar or Marble Jack cheese
2 tsp. seasoning salt
¼ c. plus 1 Tbsp. milk
¾ tsp. baking powder
Preheat oven to 375 F.
Brown hamburger along with onions. Drain and rinse hamburger. Return to heat and add seasonings, peppers, and broccoli. Cook for a few minutes, then remove from heat.
Whisk together eggs, milk, and baking powder.
Lightly spray or line muffin cups. Spoon out the hamburger mixture evenly into each cupcake.
Sprinkle a few shreds of cheese over each cup.
Ladle or pour the egg mixture over meat and cheese. Fill to the top, but be careful not to overfill.
Bake for 15-20 minutes.
- I give all the veggies a rough chop together in a small food processor or with a hand chopper.
- Frozen broccoli florets work as well as fresh.
- This makes 12 regular-sized muffins, plus some. I got 12 regular plus six minis out of a batch. You could put a little less meat into each cup and get probably 18 regular sized.
- Consider placing a sheet pan underneath your cupcake pan to protect your oven from any possible overflow. If you’ve overfilled them at all (which is easy to do), it will burn on the bottom of your oven.
- Works with any meat or veggies you would enjoy in an omelet – breakfast sausage, mushrooms, tomatoes, etc.
Adapted from Six in the Suburbs.